Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Photo-Heart Connection - March


March's Photo Heart Connection is one of my son during a weekend soccer game.  The image makes me feel sad, although I know he was just walking out to his position.  I really like the the spring wildflowers in the background and while some young players might be tempted to hang out & pick those flowers, my son is usually in the thick of the action.  He's filling out and growing quickly, and that combination can make sports even more challenging, but he always gives everything he has.  He is also very aware that he is a bit larger than other players and really tries not to mow them down - he's a good guy and wants everyone to have fun.  Because of other scheduled activities (horses), I do not get to watch his practices, so the games are that much more special to me.

Well I missed the deadline for the link up party - but you can still see other photo-heart connections here (seems to be a trend lately for me -- a day late & a dollar short).

4 comments:

  1. What a true heart connection photo, Sherry. A lovely written post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly - always appreciate you stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. I love this photo - it evokes a feeling of contemplation (not competition!). My daughter also plays soccer and I don't often get shots like this one - she's usually crashing into another player!
    Thanks for the comments on my blog. I'll be back to visit - I love seeing horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley - I try not to make this an all-horse activity blog, but in reality at times that activity does take over our lives.
      My son a lot of times is also in the middle of the action - it was unusual to get this shot - but I do love it. Looking forward to your future visits!!

      Delete