Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Possible New Project


Granted I haven't picked up a crochet hook in over 20 years, but I'm hopeful that I can make some sense of this easy, free crochet pattern for a cowl.  My expectations are realistic & on the lower end in that I am just wanting something to help keep me warm at the horse barn.  My sister was better at crocheting than I'll ever be, but surely I can do a bunch of single crochets (which is all this pattern is).  I haven't started it yet, but I have my materials bought (hook & yarn - even bought the same dye lot - yeah me).  Right now, with all the holiday madness, I'm trying not to start any new projects or start reading any new books (which is a tough challenge), but I'm ready when I do have the time.  In hindsight, it would have been nice to be able to make a few of these for Christmas gifts - maybe next year.  Is anyone planning on making their own Christmas gifts or returning to an old hobby?  In all honesty - I really have no business restarting an old hobby - I can barely keep up with my life as it is - but something about this one project really calls to me (or is that my age?).

In case you wanted to try this free pattern - here's where I found it:  http://www.kraemeryarns.com/patterns/ (scroll down to "Crochet" & you'll find it among several other free patterns, will open up in separate window as PDF).  If you decide to try it - let me know how it turns out.

UPDATE:  My sister beat me to this project & sent me a finished cowl in a tan color.  I've enjoyed wearing it to the barn & it has helped keep me warmer (or maybe the warmer winter has helped too).  I still intend to make this for myself, but it has obviously been pushed back on my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment