Sunday, April 24, 2011

A New Trick

I recently learned (well, actually relearned) a new trick to post-processing pictures.  Since I have finally figured it out, written down the steps & have used it on a couple of pictures, I figure it is probably "out of style" in the photography world.  I'm not a fan of over-doing the post-processing to improve pictures - I think you should just simply take better pictures - patience (as Yoda says) -- almost always pays off (especially when you are entering photo contests).  But for fun, this effect of changing the color picture to black & white then putting back in the color to an item(s) can be kind of cool looking.  I have an older version of photoshop elements, but I'm sure most any software has this ability.  I found a tutorial on youtube - you can find almost anything on the internet.  Hope everyone has a happy Easter - a good Easter gift for Texas would be rain!! -- there are clouds, wind & it is a little cooler outside.  I'm not getting my hopes up, but an Easter mircale of rain wouldn't be bad. 
Here's an Easter egg picture (the last egg my kids found in our backyard this morning) using my new trick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment